I’m tired of keeping my notes in a notebook.
- Ryan talking to the doc
- Ryan meeting Traeger, his boss, for the first time
- Ryan at the institution, taken to his room after meeting the doc.
- Getting a sense for his roommate’s conspiracy theory brain through a secret note stuffed into his bedding – don’t take the triangle pill (illuminati)
- Putting on his institution uniform / putting on a suit that fits after his first paycheck
- Making his bed / his new apartment
- Falling asleep while he waits for someone to tell him where he’s supposed to be
- Dream 1 – cuts of late hours and late drinks and a blonde woman smiling, “I love you, dummy” with a laugh, and a flash of her lying dead in the middle of the street
- Awake with a start. Snoring roommate in eery halogen lighting from the parking lot. The moon is half full
- In the hallway, confusion with so many doors. He doesn’t remember which way, makes a guess
- More eery lighting, passing door after door, the buzz of every third overhead leading to an oasis nurse’s station with Shirley reading a Stephen King novel – Firestarter
- Their conversation, he takes his pills, and she teases him about not showing up for group last night. He didn’t know. No one said. They do that, she says.
- She feeds him his missed dinner. Meatloaf sandwich to go with his drugs. He doesn’t know how he’ll manage to get back to sleep, but the drugs are fast.
- On the way back to his room, creepier now that he’s dazed. Misses his door, there are more now. So may doors.
- Tina, his wife from he dream, calling to him from the end of the hall
- He goes to her. Tries. She’s farther and farther away u til she turns and disappears behind the corner. He picks up pace, calling for her
- Runs snack into a giant of a man in an orderly uniform.
- Brief exchange, the orderly shows him which door is Ryan’s